KLA-Tencor is hiring! Work with incredibly smart people and help change the course of technology every day. Be the talent that is behind KLA-Tencor’s market leading technology.
We are seeking Software Technical Specialist for a position based in Chennai, who will work in a Challenging and Innovative environment at our Wafer Inspection Division with highly integrated multi-disciplinary team and whose responsibilities will include:
Location: Chennai, India
KLA-Tencor Corporation (NASDAQ:KLAC), a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art storage, compound semiconductor, photovoltaic, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for over 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, California, KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com
- Responsible for software development activities using C++/C#/Java
- Acquire and demonstrate technical knowledge of inspector software
- Participate in end to end product development lifecycle activities
- Acquire knowledge of key use cases in defect inspection using SWIFT tools
- Collaborate with teams across different geographical zones to drive/develop / deliver software solutions
- Work across groups including systems/hardware, marketing, applications and manufacturing on all aspects of software project including requirement definition, design, development, deployment, support and service
- Understand and put to effective use software development best practices.
- Understand, troubleshoot and drive difficult issues that span whole software systems. Able to uncover root cause and to devise and drive innovative analyses and solutions for complex problems.
- Travel to other KLA-Tencor sites and customer sites on a needed basis
- Required: BE/BTech/MS/MCA/MTech Degree (in CS/Physics/ECE)
- Required: Strong in programming fundamentals, C++
- Required: Good analytical and problem solving abilities
- Preferred: Experience in defining requirements, providing design to complex problems
- Required: 8 to 12 years of experience with specialization in providing technical leadership
- Required: Thorough knowledge of SDLC and software engineering
- Required: Strong communication and team work skills
- Preferred: Experience in Linux, .Net and C#
- Optional: Knowledge of KT specific or general semiconductor domain
To apply, send your resume to Sivakumar.Sukumaran@kla-tencor.com